The holidays are over which means it's back to school & work, and back to snacking on the go. Instead of dipping your veggies in high-calorie dressings and spreads, opt for this delicious, nutrient-filled "hummus" from Trader Joe's!
- Low-Calorie: Only 40 calories in every two tablespoons in comparison to the 140 calories in two tablespoons in a standard Ranch dressing, the swap is a no-brainer!
- Nutritious: This dip is made of whole ingredients (mainly beets of course) - it's (relatively) high in potassium and low in added sugar (0gm!)
- Smell: Although this "hummus" is made with garlic, it does NOT have a strong garlic-y smell (or taste for that matter!)
- Color: As you can see it has a really beautiful color that POPS! Add it to sandwiches to make them fun and exciting
- Taste: I admit, it's a bit bland. Adding a pinch of salt can go a long way!
Overall Rating: 4 stars!
Recipe: salad with Beet Dip & Smoked Salmon
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1/4 cup Beet Hummus
- 1 cup Snap Peas,
- 4 oz Smoked Salmon
- 1/2 bag Parmesan Cheese Crisps
Mix together and enjoy!