The Importance of Eating a Healthy Breakfast
- Starting your morning with a nutritious breakfast can help boost your metabolism for the day.
- When planning your first meal, try to avoid added sugar. Stick with good protein, fat, whole grains, and fruits and vegetables for energy.
- If you're overeating at night, try to switch your schedule so that you are truly hungry for breakfast. Eating when we're not hungry, is often not appropriate!
Oatmeal with Berries and Nuts
- Add 1/2 cup of dry oatmeal and 1 cup of water or milk of choice to bowl
- Microwave for 2 minutes or until desired consistency
- Stir in cinnamon or sweetener of choice
- Top with sliced 1/2 cup strawberries and 1/4 cup pecans
Hard Boiled Eggs & Cheese
- To boil eggs: Place eggs in a pot and cover with water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then cover, remove from heat, and set aside for 8-10min
- Chop 1 apple of choice
- Add 1 slice of cheese (e.g. string cheese)
High Protein Skillet
- Heat skillet with cooking spray
- Add in 1/4 cup of roasted tomatoes
- Crack two eggs in skillet and season to preference
- Add smoked salmon and heat mixture to desired temperature
GET YOUR FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLAN HERE