Time in the morning goes SO QUICKLY! When I was working my 9-to-5, I (let’s be honest) hit snooze a few times, jumped out of bed at the last second to get ready & pack my things, and rushed out the door. It’s possible I had time to pack some snacks and breakfast for the road in the AM, but that was definitely not always a reality.
Buying breakfast out can get expensive quickly, and it is often full of excess sugar – which I’m sure you guys know by now is what I ultimately try to stay away from! This can get a little tricky because my sweet tooth pretty much takes over my entire mouth… which is why I LOVE siggi’s (www.siggis.com) skyr for its lower sugar and higher protein content, and simpler ingredients compared to other yogurts. Today I’m using siggi’s strawberry and coconut skyrs, which have 11gm of sugar and 15gm of protein each (per container).
Here’s a super fast recipe that’s low in sugar but still satisfies my sweet tooth. I can eat it at my desk or grab it on my way out the door and eat it while I’m walking! Plus, you can make it once and have it for the whole week!
3-Ingredient Strawberry Coconut Bark
15 minute prep || Makes 5 servings
- 4 containers siggi’s Skyr; I used here 2 containers of strawberry, and 2 containers of coconut
- ¼ cup lightly sweetened granola
- 3 strawberries
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Scoop out dollops of skyr (alternating between 2 for a “unicorn” look if you’re fancy!)
- With the back of a spoon, even out yogurt around baking sheet
- Slice strawberries thinly and place on top of skyr; sprinkle granola
- Freeze overnight, and break off pieces of the bark with your hands when you’re ready to go!